Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Happy Birthday, James!

So I am so sorry it is going to be a lot harder than I thought to keep up with my blog. Without the Internet at home I have to bring all the pictures and stuff with me. It stinks. But I did promise I would post about James' birthday. It was fun. We went out for Mexican, went to the movies, and ate cake. His birthday cake of choice was a Fudge Ribbon Cake, which is a dense chocolate cake with Cheesecake swirled throughout it. The only problem is that a "Leprechaun" got a hold of the cake and turned the swirls green. Every bite I kept expecting a hint of mint. But it was good no the less. I will try to post a recipe soon.
Imagine it looking something like this only green: So The birthday was fun and the cake was good, but the surprise that I made for him was a mint truffle. It was a recipe that I found on Bakerella. They are so simple to make and oh so yummy. you have to try them. They are made from mint Oreos, cream cheese, and chocolate chips. For a decadent treat you can't get anymore simple than that. Here is the recipe, enjoy!!

1 comment:

2Shaye ♪♫ said...

Happy Birthday, James!

I love the Oreo Truffles!! I made a variation of them when I was selling Pampered Chef. Mmmmm, delicious!

BTW, I've been enjoying seeing all sorts of Bakerella stuff on Pioneer Woman lately. Fun!