Saturday, June 6, 2009

Confessions of an Over-Stressed Mom

Wow, the jump from two to three kids has been crazy. But I am so grateful for this new little baby. I feel like I can appreciate so much more. A thoughtful call, ten minutes with my book, or kisses from the kids. I love being a mom and Love being Thomas, Lucy, and Dylan's Mom. Not every day goes great and I am learning to let go of control (or the feeling of being in control. I have a theory that I was never in control, I just thought I was). I am trying to just soak up all the joy motherhood has to offer and not let everyday stresses over rule my life (and that can be hard with the up coming move). I guess what I am trying to say is I am trying to find joy in the journey. I just remember what President Thomas S. Monson said that someday I will miss the toys scattered, the piles of laundry and the fingerprints EVERYWHERE! (That talk can be found here)

2 comments:

Ashley Lawson Cheney said...

Aw Britt, when I talk to you I think about all of the fun your family is always having and I miss being around you guys a ton!

Sarah H said...

Moving is stressful enough, let alone having a brand new baby. (And vice versa) I give you A LOT of credit.