Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Tender Mercies

Life has been a bit crazy. Yesterday, James and I thought we would take a quick trip to the mall for some shopping. We got a flat tire on the way down there. We changed the tire and then the spare blew out. Finally, after an hour, the car was towed and a brand new tire was put on. We are so glad that we have a cell phone. It made life a little easier.

The amazing part was that my friend Jaime pulled up as we were getting the car on the jack. I couldn't believe that she was inspired enough to go shopping. Yes, shopping can be inspiring. She asked if she could take the kids (I ended up going with her too) which was great! Had the kids stayed with the car we all would have been stuck on the side of the freeway in hundred degree weather for about 40 minutes. Instead, the kids and I went to Sam's Club and Bath and Body Works. Poor James stayed with the car and suffered the heat and waited and waited.

All in all everything is fine and there weren't any major issues. I am so grateful that Heavenly Father was looking out for our little family and sent some mercy. We are so blessed.

So as far as my workout goals, I was not very successful last week. I got my running in but not the yoga. This week is going to play out a little differently. We have a family reunion in 6 weeks, therefore I am doing a crash diet and extra workouts to look good for the reunion. Once at the reunion I will calm things down a bit. So goals this week are as follows:

1. Abs of steel, 15 minutes 6 days this week
2. Running, 30 minutes 5 days this week
3. Yoga, 30 minutes 6 days this week
4. 1600 calorie diet

Wish me luck, with school ending this week I really hope I can do this.

2 comments:

Sarah H said...

1600 Calories is not very much to eat! You need calories if you're working out.

That is great that your friend came by and could help AND a blessing that she had room in her car to fit so many people!

Ashley Lawson Cheney said...

Great story Britt!