Saturday, April 17, 2010

A Red Letter Day!


Yeah, I ran my first 5K today! It was really fun and I can't wait to do it again. There were about 100 people that ran in this race and James was able to place 2nd in his division. Good for him!!! They had some "technical difficulties" and therefore had the time for only the first twenty five that crossed the finish line. Unfortunately, I was not in that "elite" group (hey at least I wasn't last.) So I guess it is better that I don't know my time, because it was a hilly course. So I didn't place in my age group (I was running against all the fit college girls) but maybe in a few months when I change divisions that might change. (Although I was probably the first lactating woman to cross the finish line. That has got to count for something, right?)

6 comments:

XOXO said...

Congrats! We're very proud of both of you!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That is a big accomplishment for both of you. I have to admit that I was hoping you were announcing that James got the job. Maybe that will be your next blog entry! -Catherine

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I wish I was with you running it. (If I was not prego) -Brooke

Markie said...

Awesome - you are inspiring!

Anonymous said...

Brittany and James, a big congratulations for running this race! That takes much perseverence and dedication! Being physically fit is important to having the spirit.

Dad

Marian said...

Wow you guys! What a fun thing to work on together. Back when Darren and I were young and fit, we walked a 5k. Not nearly as impressive as what you two did.