Sunday, April 4, 2010

I Crossed the Bridge!

About ten minutes into my run there is a hill, a big one. I am always afraid to run down it because I will have to run back up it. At the bottom of the hill there is a bridge, and a little beyond that there is a house that I use as a landmark to indicate 1/2 of a 5k. I have only run down the hill a handful of times. On Friday I went all the way down to the 1/2 5k marker, then turned around and ran home. I ran my first 5k (3.1 miles) in 41 minutes. It was a lot harder than I thought it would be. James and I are going to run in a real 5k in two weeks. I am really excited to train for it. I hope to beat my time of 41 minutes. That puts me at my goal for this week. I will run four times this week, each time running my 5k in hopes to improve my time. I will supplement my running with 30 minutes of Yoga. Wish me luck, anytime I add another goal to running I come up short.

1. Run a 5k 4 times this week
2. Do Yoga 4-5 times this week, 30 minutes each time

*Coming soon* April Fool's Dinner pictures, camping, and Lucy's Birthday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brittany, I'm so proud of your desire to be physically fit. Being is very much a spiritual quest as the physical so impacts our ability to deal with spiritual and emotional issues. Love, Dad

Anonymous said...

Hey Britt!

Congrats on your 5K! THAT"S AWESOME!!!

I'm so PROUD of you!! You must be having a blast with all of that!!!


Love much,
Ashley

Sarah H said...

You'll definitely beat your 41 min. during your race. The adrenaline really kicks in during a race. Good Luck.