Monday, October 20, 2008

You're my inspiration!

I don't know if you have ever been to the Grosgrain blog, but I love it. I always feel so inadequate when I see the amazing stuff Kathleen does, but she has inspired me this Halloween. I got the kid's Halloween costumes last year when they all go on sale after the holiday. Sadly, the only costume I could find for Lucy was a bride's dress, talk about creepy! So after seeing the wonderful dresses on Grosgrain I got a little ambitious and attempted the impossible. There were some heartaches and frustrations but I pulled through. Now it's not all that great compared to what Kathleen does, but we all learn on our own levels of knowledge. I added a pink layer under the tulle and the flowers. There also was a pink trim, but I had to please Lucy and she was not a fan of the pink trim. So this year Lucy is going to be a princess/fairy. I guess I am doing fine if she gets to wear a pretty dress. 

Thomas this year is going to be a vampire and when we were trying on his costume he wanted to go up to James' work to "scare" all the students. So he ran up to the library and when he reached James he said, "I didn't scare ANYONE." What a cute boy and if you see him in his costume please tell him how scary he is--he will love it.

2 comments:

Sarah H said...

You did a great job. I'm impressed.

Ashley Lawson Cheney said...

You should put pictures up of Thomas and his vampire costume! If you want to see a really scary vampire, a girl in my ward had the fake contacts in last night at our ward Halloween party. I am still scared, she looked like a real vampire! Ah!