Sunday, August 23, 2009

Hooray for James!

James ran his first 5K and I am so proud of him. He came in first in his age group (30-39). The kids loved to cheer their dad on as he ran by and Thomas even told me that he wanted to run when he grows up. We (the kids and I) walked around the area while we waited for all of the runners. Lucy was unfortunate to find a red ant hill, but other than that we had a grand time cheering on our dad. There is another one in September and he will be running in that one too. We can't wait.

4 comments:

2Shaye ♪♫ said...

YAY for James! That's awesome!! By the way, what is that orange cone sitting on? It looks like a leg with pantyhose. LOL

I started pre-training for a marathon shortly before we became pregnant with our first. We lived out in the country and I had a great 4-5 mile spread where I could be all by myself most of the time (with my two trusty dogs, of course--one actually got snake bitten during one of those runs and was very sick for a while!). Since I've been pregnant or nursing a one-year-old ever since then, I just never got back with it other than short 1-2 mile jogs when I'm in the mood. Then, of course, there was my injury after a short run earlier this summer (which I still haven't healed from). Maybe someone's trying to tell me something. LOL

Have a great day, girl!!

Brittany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brittany said...

Shaye, the thing the cone is sitting on is "the Last Leg" of the race. Those silly Texans.

Sarah H said...

Go James Go! Congrats.