Friday, August 28, 2009

The Tag Blanket-reinvented

I don't know what compelled me to make a tag quilt but I wanted to make one. This one is a bit different. I wanted to make something that was interesting and had lots of texture. This is super soft and puppy themed. I had to pry it out of Dylan's hands just to take the picture, he loves it so much—just what I was hoping. I made it with clear thread (to hide mistakes) and it proved more difficult than I thought it would be. The supplies cost about $7.50, but in the process of making it I broke a sewing machine needle. So that is what? $2.50? Then, when I took pictures, I broke our 6 year-old camera (at least I got the pictures before the camera broke). So, I would say this little tag blanket cost us about 100+ dollars. With a price tag like that I am glad Dylan likes it so much.

2 comments:

2Shaye ♪♫ said...

LOL! Oh my. This is a good laugh today. I just finished my last breastfeeding post for the month and am glad I hopped over here first thing before getting to work on my messy house (or calling you so that I can AVOID my messy house)!

The blanket looks fabulous, girl!! I just love it! However, I'm sorry it cost you so much. Are you SURE your camera is broken? I'm only asking because I thought I had broken mine a few weeks ago and after messing with the insides a little I discovered there was some weird battery build-up stuff on the inside. I got it working again after carefully cleaning it out and haven't had any issues since. And you KNOW how many cameras I've gone through in the last two years. I pretty much just have to budget for buying a new one every 6 months. Ugh!

This camera has been going for just almost a full year. So maybe I shouldn't try making your tag blanket just yet. ::wink::

xoxo,

~2Shaye

Ashley Lawson Cheney said...

Britt, I love your quilt! I have never seen one like that before. I have a break coming up and I will look forward to making a trip out there sometime on my track break. That will be excellent to see you all. What crafts can we make together??