Saturday, October 24, 2009

Hair for Locks of Love

I just donated my hair to Locks of Love. I had been growing my hair out for several months and it was getting unmanageably long. It was fun getting it all chopped off today. It turns out that although there are rules to donating to Locks of Love, they are not as stringent as I once thought. I took pictures of the whole process (well, the cutting part of it).
Here is the before. My hair hit about the middle of my back.
And the chopping began. She was about to pull out a chainsaw to cut through it all.
The lovely ponytail. I hope it can help another little girl.
My final short cut. I was glad that it wasn't as short as I thought it would be.

I love having the freedom of short hair. It feels so great. So, if you have the patience, I recommend donating a pony tail. It was great fun. As a side note, you would think I would have donated my hair once we moved to Texas at the hottest part of the year. Oh and I did get a new hair dryer and I LOVE it!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I tried to get my girls to donate to the locks of love. I was even going to do it too. My hair grows so fast, but after many, MANY tantrums over brushing hair, I had to call it quits for the girls and family pictures made me call it quits. I'm impressed...I couldn't do it much longer, of course it was June in Georgia, so maybe that had something to do with it!

Your hair is super cute BTW!

Sarah H said...

Awesome. I love locks of love and similar programs. Way to go.

2Shaye ♪♫ said...

You wear the short do so well! I always want to cut mine and then as soon as I do, I just grow it all back out.

I think Brayla will be donating her hair to Wigs for Kids. One of her home school studies this year is cancer and since W for K is apparently focused on donating to children with cancer or other life threatening diseases, it'll go well with our study. I think we're going to wait until summer, though. It's way too cold to be chopping her mane off. YIKES!!