Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Crop Night Party!


I am in the process of planing a crop. A Crop is where we get together and scrapbook, eat, and get more ideas for our scrapbooks. I was thinking of having six crops in a year, every two months. I want to do it on Fridays from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m. or midnight. The first party would be October 3rd. I feel that to really make it worth the time we need to take the time. I was thinking that we have a table for each scraper or two to a round table. Also, if everyone brings a snack to share it won't make the time seem so long. At six when it starts there will be a short (20-30 minutes) instruction session about new techniques and then the rest of the night you can crop, scrapbook, look at books and magazines for ideas, work on any other project you are working on (sewing, cross-stitch, or homework) or you can just eat and visit. Talking and scrap-booking go hand in hand. So what do you think? Are you game? Any ideas? Should I have an R.S.V.P. to make set up easier? I need lots of input because I don't want to plan this thing and then end up being the only one who shows up.

2 comments:

Millie @ The Busy Butlers said...

YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!! What a fantastic idea! I could do an all-nighter once every couple of months. It would sure beat trying to work an hour of scrapbooking in every week during my trip to town. I think I'd get more done if I had a stretch of 3-4 hours to work in. Makes hauling all my stuff a little more do-able and worth it! What can I do to help???

2Shaye ♪♫ said...

I'm in. As long as I can bring the baby. :) Now you just have to promise to FORCE me to make my first scrapbook page!