Thursday, September 18, 2008

Popcorn Balls


I just made the yummiest Halloween treat. I know that Halloween is a month and an half away but I got a craving. Theses popcorn balls are the perfect balance of sweet and salty plus they are super easy to make. Try them out, it's good. 

INGREDIENTS:

1 bag of microwave popcorn

Some candy corn and peanuts

6 tablespoons butter

5 cups miniature marshmallows

DIRECTIONS:

1.

Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish. Set aside.

2.

Pop the popcorn in the microwave. Put popcorn in prepared pan. Add some candy corn and peanuts.

3.

Melt butter In a medium saucepan over low heat. Stir in marshmallows and cook until melted, stirring constantly. Pour marshmallow mixture over popcorn and mix with spoon to coat evenly.

4.

Let mixture cool slightly. Smear butter on your hands or spray with non-stick cooking spray. Mix popcorn with your hands so that it is evenly coated.

5.

Form popcorn into 8-12 balls.

 

2 comments:

2Shaye ♪♫ said...

Dude, we love popcorn balls. Actually, I love it whether it's in a ball, or not. We have an amazing family recipe for caramel corn, but it's a big more involved and complicated. I think we'll try this one next week. Sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing!

mommyjen99 said...

Hi there,
I found your site and saw your recipe. I have never made popcorn balls so I am gonna try your recipe:)
Quick question how do you store them without them going stale?
jen