Monday, September 22, 2008

I feel the need, the need for Clean

It seems that when my house is messy my life seems more chaotic than it needs to be. The other day Lucy dumped out the itty bitty rubber bands for hair, and when I say dumped out I mean they were EVERYWHERE in our family room. I didn’t clean the room up right away because the rubber bands were mixed with toys dirty socks, pillows, blankets and snack rubbish. You know all those things that end up in the TV room. So today I finally cleaned the room. It is like a burden has been lifted off my shoulders. I have had a really stressful and crappy weekend and if I would of just cleaned up I think I would have felt tons better. I hope I can remember this for the next time I am stressing out. Do you stress out when your house is messy? Or am I just ranting?

3 comments:

Millie @ The Busy Butlers said...

You're SO not alone. My house is a war zone right now and has been for weeks. Canning season. But I know I'd get WAY more done if I just took the time to clean it up. It affects EVERYTHING. I totally empathize!

Stephanie said...

It really does affect you. I know it affects me. I get really cranky and irritable if my house is a mess. Now that my kids are all in school it even stays clean for most of the day! And since my kids are older, they have jobs that they complete every night, and the most important one is to clean up their stuff. It makes my life SOOO much easier. Then I go to bed with a clean house. It might not be vacuumed, dusted or perfect, but at least there isn't stuff everywhere. It feels good!

2Shaye ♪♫ said...

Same here. Actually, I stress out when I procrastinate on ANYTHING. That feeling of something being left undone is so unnerving. It totally affects my balance.